PlatinumGames’ Shmup Sol Cresta Gets An Update, Here’s What’s Included
In case you missed it, Sol Cresta actually got a Switch release earlier this year (after starting life as an April Fool’s joke). Since then, PlatinumGames has released updates for this new shoot’em up, and we are now on the next major release (Version 1.0.4).
The Japanese publisher and developer has shared the full patch note details on its official website, with the promise that the team will “continue to make improvements and new updates” in the future. This latest update brings some tweaks and tweaks, and also fixes a few issues:
Sol Cresta – Version 1.0.4 (July 1, 2022):
An update for the Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Steam versions of SOL CRESTA was released on July 1, 2022.
The version number of each platform is as follows.
Nintendo Switch: ver. 1.0.4
PS4: ver. 1.0.4
Steam: worm. 1.0.2
* We will continue to make improvements with further updates.
- Reduced hit detection size of the Yamato with 2 or 3 ships combined.
- Increased number of starting ships selectable in options to 10.
- Added scan line setting to options. This setting can also be changed during gameplay.
- Significantly increased the score bonus for finding the hidden PT character.
- Fixed an issue where the secret bonus for destroying an F ball was not awarded correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the stage 6 boss disappeared off-screen.
You can read more about the previous update (version 1.0.2) in our previous story: Sol Cresta update fixes a bunch of issues. And if you want to know more about this title, be sure to check out our Nintendo Life review.
Have you ever tried this PlatinumGames shmup on the Nintendo Switch? Have you downloaded the latest patch? Comments below.