Pokémon Trading Card Game Announces Paldea Collection Sets
With Pokémon Scarlet and Violet on the horizon, it’s almost time for The Pokémon Company and its many branches to move on from marketing Sword and Shield to our new Paldean friends.
The Trading Card Game has confirmed the arrival of its first Scarlet and Violet themed cards and they will arrive as Paldea Collection sets.
There will be three Paldea Collection boxes, each themed around a different starter with a corresponding pin – Sprigatito, Fuecoco and Quaxly. Each box will however contain the same cards, namely…
- 3 foil promotional cards with Sprigatito, Fuecoco and Quaxly
- 1 oversized foil card with Koraidon ex or Miraidon ex
- 1 collector’s pin representing Sprigatito, Fuecoco or Quaxly
- 4 Pokémon TCG booster packs
- A code card usable in Pokémon TCG Online or Pokémon TCG Live
The Paldea Collection will hit stores on January 6, 2023. They will soon be followed by the Scarlet ex and Violet ex “Expansion Pack” sets in Japan on January 20, although as always the Western launch of these cards will likely take a few months. . later – this date is reserved for the “Special Set” of Sword & Shield in the United States.
Scarlet and Violet merchandising will only increase as we get closer to the games release date of November 18!