Shantae celebrates 20 years with an online Switch sale, up to 50% off
WayForward’s half-genius hero Shantae is currently celebrating its 20th anniversary. Yes, it has been around for two decades!
This character was originally created by Erin and Matt Bozon in 2002 – when they debuted on Game Boy Color. Although her first outing wasn’t the most financially successful due to the popularity of the GBA at the time, she was able to bounce back in 2010 in Shantae’s Risky Revenge.
To celebrate its 20th anniversary, WayForward shared the following message:
“Twenty years ago today, the original Shantae game was released on Game Boy Color, and a fan-favorite franchise was born! Thank you so much for supporting #20YearsOfShantae, and we can’t wait to see where it goes in the future. Next 20 years!”
As part of these celebrations, a Switch eShop sale is also underway. Everything Shantae is up to 50% off. Here’s the recap (via Nintendo Everything):
– Shantae – $4.99 / £5.24
– Shantae: Costume Pack (DLC) – $3.99
– Shantae: Friends Till The End (DLC) – $3.99
– Shantae: Half-Genie Hero – $13.90 / £7.99
– Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Edition – $14.99 / £10.94
– Shantae: The Pirate Queen’s Quest (DLC) – $4.99
– Shantae: Risky’s Revenge – Director’s Cut – $4.99 / £3.79
– Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse – $9.99 / £7.29
– Shantae and the Seven Sirens – $17.99 / £15.11
Any good memories of Shantae? Will you buy games while they’re on sale? Tell us below.